At a glance
Here are a few things you need to know before joining your first GoToMeeting online meeting. You can join the meeting from your Mac or Windows desktop or just about any smartphone or tablet. This guide shows you how to join and participate.
MobileGet started with GoToMeeting on your mobile device by downloading the GoToMeeting app from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Phone Store. Then join the meeting by opening the app and entering the meeting ID you received in an email from the meeting organizer. Learn more about the free GoToMeeting mobile apps at gotomeeting.com.
1. You’re invited
- The invitation email or message will include a link to the meeting
- The invitation will also include instructions for using the phone or your computer’s mic and speakers (VoIP) for audio
2. Be prepared
- Join the meeting a few minutes early to make sure you have everything you need
- If you don’t already have the software, it will download automatically and you’ll be placed into the meeting
3. Join the meeting
- Click your online meeting link, or go to gotomeeting.com and enter the meeting ID
- If your host requires one, be sure to have the meeting password handy
4. Talk and listen
- Check the online meeting invitation or your Control Panel to see the audio options available
- If the option to dial-in is offered and you’d like to use it, call in using the telephone number and access code shown. Enter the audio PIN if provided
- You can also use your computer’s mic and speakers (VoIP). For the best experience, we recommend using a USB headset with this option
5. Know who’s speaking
- The bottom of your meeting window and the Control Panel both indicate who’s speaking
- When you are speaking, meeting attendees will see your name if you connected with mic and speakers or if you dialed in and entered your audio PIN
- You can mute yourself when you’re not speaking. The host can also mute you or all attendees. If you dialed in using a phone, you’ll need to use the audio PIN to mute your line via the GoToMeeting controls
- The easiest way to share your webcam is to click the button on the grab tab. Or you can click the Share My Webcam button on the Control Panel
- Pause and resume your webcam by using the icons in the top-right corner of your webcam feed
- If you are muted or don’t want to interrupt the speaker, you can use the chat feature to communicate with the group, the host and/or other individual attendees
- The host can make you the presenter or give you control of the shared screen. When you’re the presenter, additional controls will appear on your grab tab
7. Leave the meeting
- When you’re ready to leave a meeting, click the icon at the top of the meeting window (You’ll be prompted to confirm that you want to leave)
8. Try it yourself
- See how productive and collaborative online meetings can be. When your meeting ends, GoToMeeting will offer you the opportunity to register for a free trial to host your own GoToMeeting sessions
- You can also visit gotomeeting.com and register for your free trial
9. Need more help?
- Our support center is available 24/7 to help you troubleshoot and answer questions.